Camp Branch Bridge
Long shot from SE
Photo taken by Clark Vance in August 2013
BH Photo #262025
The 1954 topo shows this to be on the old alignment of MO Route M. According to the property owner, the bridge was abandoned by the county when Route M was moved to a new alignment to the west in the mid '60s. He now uses it for access to the other side of his property. Although he drives vehicles across it he will not take horses across due to the holes and weak spots in the deck.
The bridge is claimed as private property.
Reported by one of my students who lived nearby and played on it as a kid.
- Pratt pony truss bridge over Camp Branch on private lane
- Cass County, Missouri
- Private, limited use
- Future prospects
- The property owner uses it and is keeping it in repair.
- - Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Works of Leavenworth, Kansas
- 4-panel, pinned Pratt pony truss
- Also called
- Camp Branch-Old Route M Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.64161, -94.15932 (decimal degrees)
38°38'30" N, 94°09'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/399106/4277644 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- East Lynne
- Inventory number
- BH 56308 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 3, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- August 1, 2017: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Cruciform Outriggers"
- January 7, 2015: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Changed status to something more correct. What it really should say is "Private, limited use"
- August 8, 2013: Updated by Dave King: Added category "Wooden deck"
- August 8, 2013: Updated by Clark Vance: Added to description after site visit
- May 21, 2013: Added by Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Ed Hollowell - erhollowell [at] aol [dot] com