Rivaux Creek CR 4038 Bridge
Closed by means of two large gravel piles on either side. The east approach has a large 2' x 5' hole on the upstream side of the deck and very little steel beam support underneath. Looks like something wider than the wood tracks attempted to cross. In the summer, this span is very concealed by trees & brush.
- Pony truss bridge over Rivaux Creek on CR 4038
- Callaway County, Missouri
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Future prospects
- Unknown; needs repairs at east end; hole about 2 x 5ft. This bridge is pretty remote, providing mostly farmland access around it.
- Built ca. 1910
- Pin-connected, 4-panel Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 65.9 ft.
Total length: 84.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.57284, -92.06042 (decimal degrees)
38°34'22" N, 92°03'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/581847/4269794 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Osage City
- Land survey
- T. 44 N., R. 10 W., Sec. 21
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- MO 014-211002.6 (Missouri off-system bridge number)
MONBI 19117 (Missouri bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 21057 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 25 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 28, 2017: Updated by K. Allen Ballard: Changed status to closed; future unknown.
- April 2, 2007: Posted new photos
- K. Allen Ballard - speedeeprint [at] gmail [dot] com