US65 Rock Island bridge
"The bridge itself is a reinforced concrete structure spanning the 2-lane highway. The bold white letters spelling out "ROCK ISLAND" can still be seen clearly on each side of the overpass as you drive underneath."
People referred to it as "Rock Island" bridge, not by the RI symbol.
- Lost Bridge over US 65 on Former Rock Island MO Division
- Benton County, Missouri
- Removed but not replaced
- Removed to widen US 65
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- Described by historian as "reinforced concrete".
- Also called
- RI US65 Overpass
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.49638, -93.27398 (decimal degrees)
38°29'47" N, 93°16'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/476108/4260927 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 58827 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 17, 2013: Added by Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com