Bridge Street Bridge (old)
West approach barricaded....
Photo taken by Jason Smith
BH Photo #178994
In its place is a pony truss pedestrian bridge which carries a pipeline across the river. Until its removal in 2004, this bridge and the Hwy. 19 and 67 Bridge existed side-by-side. However, structural deterioration resulted in the bridge being fenced off since the 1980s and its eventual removal in 2004. More information under the MN 19&67 Bridge.
Also worth noting is a deck Fink truss bridge that existed prior to 1913.
- Lost Open-spandrel arch bridge over Redwood River on Bridge Street
- Redwood Falls, Redwood County, Minnesota
- Built in 1913; repaired in 1924; made obsolete by the Hwy. 19 and 67 Bridge in 1934 and was handed over to the city. Served traffic until its closure in the 1970s. Barricaded in the 1980s; removed in 2004.
- - N.M. Stark & Co. of Des Moines, Iowa
- Open-spandrel arch
Span length: 171.3 ft.
Total length: 171.3 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Also called
- Bridge Nr. 805
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.54147, -95.12204 (decimal degrees)
44°32'29" N, 95°07'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/331421/4934205 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Redwood Falls
- .40 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 46309 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 26, 2019: New photos from Dana and Kay Klein
- January 1, 2017: Updated by Dave King: Added builder "N.M. Stark & Co." & photo
- September 29, 2010: New photos from Jason Smith
- September 23, 2010: Added by Jason Smith
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Dana and Kay Klein