Elmwood Street Bridge
BH Photo #508076
This bridge did not last very long as it was too low to the water. While it doesn't seem like it today, Elmwood Street would have been a major road at this time before it was cut into segments by I-94/I-69 and the Bluewater Bridge. It led to a commercial district at Gratiot (another major road).
- Lost Warren pony truss bridge over Black River on Elmwood Street
- Port Huron, St. Clair County, Michigan
- Destroyed by icy floods
- Built 1898; One span carried away by ice in 1916; demolished ca. 1917.
- - Toledo Bridge Co. of Toledo, Ohio [also known as Smith Bridge Co.]
- Warren pony truss swing span with fixed Warren pony truss approach spans.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.99654, -82.45567 (decimal degrees)
42°59'48" N, 82°27'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/381343/4761459 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 94449 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 7, 2021: New photo from Douglas Butler
- September 22, 2021: Added by Nathan Holth