West Main Street Bridge
Photo taken by Paul Plassman in March 2017
BH Photo #506667
This is an unusually heavy-duty steel stringer bridge for its size that uses massive built-up girders instead of steel I-beams.
- Steel stringer bridge over Bean Creek on West Main Street (formerly M-120)
- Morenci, Lenawee County, Michigan
- Open to traffic
- Built 1949 by American Bridge Co.; rehabilitated 2020
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- Joseph Plozai, Inc.
- Riveted, built-up steel stringer
Length of largest span: 67.9 ft.
Total length: 69.9 ft.
Deck width: 38.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.71945, -84.22101 (decimal degrees)
41°43'10" N, 84°13'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/731168/4622360 (zone/easting/northing)
- 750 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- MINEW 05723 (Michigan bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory 2011 and later)
BH 94280 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2017)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 93.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 8, 2021: Added by Paul Plassman