Sterling Road Bridge
Sterling Rd. Bridge
Photo taken by Janis Ford in September 2009
BH Photo #301419
Moved to current location in 2004 from Hillsdale County. Focal point of Morenci's annual Labor Day Bridge Walk, a miniature version of the famous Mackinac Bridge Walk.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Silver Creek on Sidewalk beside M-156
- Morenci, Lenawee County, Michigan
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built in 1897 in Hillsdale County; Moved to Lenawee County in 2004 for use as pedestrian-only bridge
- - Toledo Bridge Co. of Toledo, Ohio [also known as Smith Bridge Co.]
- 5-panel, pin-connected Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 80.0 ft.
Total length: 82.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.71260, -84.21144 (decimal degrees)
41°42'45" N, 84°12'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/731988/4621625 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 730 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 63606 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 28, 2021: Updated by Paul Plassman: Modified description and design details; added link about Labor Day Bridge Walk
- August 22, 2021: New Street View added by Paul Plassman
- August 20, 2019: New photos from Rick McOmber
- October 13, 2014: Added by Janis Ford