Murray D. Van Wagoner Memorial Bridge
View in winter
Photo taken by Paul Plassman in December 2017
BH Photo #505324
Lots more info at Historic Bridges.org.
Bridge was focal point of Morenci's Labor Day Bridge Walk from 1995 onward before the Sterling Road Bridge was moved in from Hillsdale County in 2004.
- Steel stringer bridge over Silver Creek on M-156 (West Street)
- Morenci, Lenawee County, Michigan
- Open to traffic
- Built 1935 by W.H. Knapp Co. as part of the Taft Memorial Highway; rehabilitated 2000
- - Michigan State Highway Department
- W.H. Knapp Co. of Monroe, Michigan
- Steel stringer with R4 railings
Span length: 44.9 ft.
Total length: 44.9 ft.
Deck width: 33.1 ft.
- Skew angle
- 30 degrees
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on January 27, 2000
- Also called
- M-156 Silver Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.71247, -84.21157 (decimal degrees)
41°42'45" N, 84°12'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/731978/4621610 (zone/easting/northing)
- 730 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 99001731 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
MINEW 05504 (Michigan bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory 2011 and later)
BH 94134 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 98.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 28, 2021: Added by Paul Plassman