Kiwanis Trail-Beaver Creek Trestle
Through the web
Photo taken by Paul Plassman in July 2018
BH Photo #503678
One of five timber trestles on the Kiwanis Trail (formerly the DT&I Railroad) in Adrian.
- Timber stringer bridge over Beaver Creek on Kiwanis Trail (formerly DT&I Railroad)
- Lenawee County, Michigan
- Open to pedestrians only
- Likely built in 1928 when the larger DT&I trestle over Wolf Creek was constructed. The old railroad right of way was purchased by the city of Adrian in 1987 for use as a bike trail.
- - Detroit, Toledo & Ironton Railroad (DTI)
- 11-span timber trestle
Total length: 139.8 ft.
Deck width: 8.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.92048, -84.02858 (decimal degrees)
41°55'14" N, 84°01'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/746404/4645217 (zone/easting/northing)
- 750 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 94016 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 21, 2021: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added dimensions
- August 21, 2021: Updated by Jeff Wieland: Added categories "Detroit, Toledo & Ironton Railroad", "Rail-to-trail"
- August 21, 2021: Added by Paul Plassman