Kiwanis Trail-Twelve Span Bridge
Photo taken by Paul Plassman in August 2018
BH Photo #503062
One of five timber trestles on the Kiwanis Trail (formerly the DT&I Railroad) in Adrian.
- Timber stringer bridge over South Branch River Raisin on Kiwanis Trail (formerly DT&I Railroad)
- Adrian, Lenawee County, Michigan
- Open to pedestrians only
- Likely built in 1928 when the larger DT&I trestle over Wolf Creek was constructed. The old railroad right of way was purchased by the city of Adrian in 1987 for use as a bike trail.
- - Detroit, Toledo & Ironton Railroad (DTI)
- 12-span timber trestle
Total length: 171.5 ft.
Deck width: 10.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.89513, -84.04536 (decimal degrees)
41°53'42" N, 84°02'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/745109/4642354 (zone/easting/northing)
- 740 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 93935 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 22, 2021: Updated by Jeff Wieland: Added category "Railroad"
- August 21, 2021: Updated by Jeff Wieland: Added categories "Detroit, Toledo & Ironton Railroad", "Rail-to-trail"
- August 16, 2021: Added by Paul Plassman