Academy Road Bridge (1982)
East portal view
Photo taken by Paul Plassman in June 2019
BH Photo #503733
Not a super significant bridge, but it is the longest timber bridge in vehicular use in Lenawee County and for that reason I felt it merited inclusion.
- Timber stringer bridge over River Raisin on Academy Road
- Lenawee County, Michigan
- Open to traffic
- Built 1982
- 6-span timber stringer
Length of largest span: 22.0 ft.
Total length: 131.9 ft.
Deck width: 27.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.90476, -83.98058 (decimal degrees)
41°54'17" N, 83°58'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/252775/4643499 (zone/easting/northing)
- 711 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory numbers
- MINEW 05682 (Michigan bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory 2011 and later)
BH 94022 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2018)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 98.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 22, 2021: Added by Paul Plassman