Territorial Road West Fork Bridge
View on east approach
Photo taken by Paul Plassman in July 2018
BH Photo #505226
One of two almost identical steel stringer bridges from the 1920's within a quarter mile of each other on Territorial Road that both use the balustrades and concrete facade preceding the popular R4 rails.
- Steel stringer bridge over West Fork East Branch St. Joseph River on Territorial Rd (formerly State Route 120)
- Hillsdale County, Michigan
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Slated for demolition and replacement. Bridge listed on road commission's 2021 projects list. As of November 2021, no work has begun.
- Built 1928
- Steel stringer with concrete facade and balustrade rails
Length of largest span: 38.7 ft.
Total length: 40.0 ft.
Deck width: 22.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.70857, -84.69194 (decimal degrees)
41°42'31" N, 84°41'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/692023/4619994 (zone/easting/northing)
- 940 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory numbers
- MINEW 03277 (Michigan bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory 2011 and later)
BH 94131 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 21.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 17, 2021: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is now doomed.
- August 27, 2021: Added by Paul Plassman