Bay Shore Road Bridge
Photo taken by C. Hanchey
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial (CC BY-NC)
View this photo on Flickr
BH Photo #235159
Former US Highway 41 bridge until the highway rerouted further upriver.
- Abandoned concrete tee beam bridge over Escanaba River
- Escanaba, Delta County, Michigan
- Built 1911, Closed 1949 and ultimately abandoned soon thereafter, Removed 2015
- Concrete tee beam
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 840.0 ft.
- Also called
- Wells Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.78268, -87.06888 (decimal degrees)
45°46'58" N, 87°04'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/494645/5069904 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 49646 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 29, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- June 28, 2019: Updated by Mike Kerkau: Corrected year of abandonment per newly discovered articles from Melissa
- June 28, 2019: New photos from Melissa Brand-Welch
- March 29, 2016: Updated by Luke: Update via John: Gone
- November 12, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "US 41"
- October 9, 2012: New photos from Jann Mayer
- July 14, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Re-imported photographs
- November 18, 2011: Updated by Luke Harden: Added photographs and tiny bit of info.
- September 16, 2011: Added by Luke Harden
- Washington Watch - Derelict bridge removal project
- Historicbridges.org - by Nathan Holth
- Mike Kerkau - mjkerkau [at] gmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com
- Jann Mayer - jannmayer [at] gmail [dot] com