Fort Street Bridge
BH Photo #166232
Satellite image shows where parts of bridge are laying in Ashmun Bay Park.
- Dismantled through truss bridge in Sault Ste. Marie
- Sault Ste. Marie, Chippewa County, Michigan
- Dismantled and stored for reuse
- Future prospects
- Planned restoration in Ashmun Bay Park.
- Built in 1900 by New Castle Bridge Company, currently dismantled for reuse.
- - New Castle Bridge Co. of New Castle, Indiana
- Pinned Pennsylvania through truss
Total length: 233.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +46.49785, -84.36886 (decimal degrees)
46°29'52" N, 84°22'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/701896/5152728 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Sault Ste. Marie South
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- MINBI 174602800001B01 (Michigan bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory 2010 and before)
MINEW 01673 (Michigan bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory 2011 and later)
BH 20004 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2017)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 92.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 23, 2010: New photo from Anthony Dillon
- October 23, 2008: Updated by Anthony Dillon: status