The Herald-Press: May 27 1965
BH Photo #450678
Pan American won this contract for $18,489 and completed the bridge in July of 1905. Although one article describes the main trusses as Camelback they are actually Parker trusses and each span had 12-17.5 ft. panels.
- Lost Parker through truss bridge over St. Joseph River & Chesapeake & Ohio Railroad on Napier Avenue
- St. Joseph, Berrien County, Michigan
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1905 by the Pan American Bridge Company; replaced in 1966
- - Pan American Bridge Co. of New Castle, Indiana
- (2)12-panel, pinned Parker through trusses
(1)5-panel Pratt pony approach span
Length of largest span: 210.0 ft.
Total length: 490.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.08849, -86.47471 (decimal degrees)
42°05'19" N, 86°28'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/543443/4659734 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Benton Harbor
- Inventory number
- BH 67607 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 31, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Modified some information.
- October 31, 2019: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- June 29, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- June 24, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added length and other stuff.
- June 24, 2019: Updated by Mike Kerkau: Build year 1905, per multiple articles both here and in predecessor
- June 24, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- May 16, 2015: Added by Luke
- Mike Kerkau - mjkerkau [at] gmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com
- MI GenWeb - Berrien County - Image
- Geoff Hubbs