38th Street-Rabbit River Bridge
Rabbit River Bridge
The Holland Evening Sentinel: August 25 1970
BH Photo #457213
Collapsed after excavation for the new bridge weakened the substructure of the old one.
- Lost Parker pony truss bridge over Rabbit River on 38th Street
- Allegan County, Michigan
- Collapsed while replacement span was under construction
- Buil in 1909; Replaced 1970
- 7-panel, riveted Parker pony truss
Total length: 90.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.68800, -85.91792 (decimal degrees)
42°41'17" N, 85°55'05" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/588643/4726736 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 86811 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 2, 2019: New photos from Melissa Brand-Welch
- October 2, 2019: Added by Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com