Skowhegan Covered Bridge (South Channel)
The first pair of bridges on Island Avenue were built in 1809.
- Lost Town lattice truss bridge over Kennebec River on Island Avenue
- Skowhegan, Somerset County, Maine
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1869; replaced 1904
- Town lattice through truss with arches
Total length: 230.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.76318, -69.71811 (decimal degrees)
44°45'47" N, 69°43'05" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/443168/4956893 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 96157 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 1, 2022: Added by Paul Plassman