Bridge Street Bridge
From "Reports of Cases in Law and Equity---" "A bridge built for the town across the Presumpscot River, at Saccarappa, in the Spring of 1870, by the Moseley Iron Bridge and Roofing Company, proving defective, it was taken away by the contractors, and, upon the twentieth day of March, 1871, the town, at a legal meeting,voted to and did authorize its selectmen to contract for a new bridge in place of the other......This new bridge was erected at a cost of about six thousand dollars."
The new bridge was a "Parker's wrought iron truss bridge" built at a cost of $5893.33 in 1871 by National Bridge Works Company, owned by Blodgett & Curry of Boston.
- Lost Bowstring pony truss bridge over Presumpscot River on Bridge Street
- Westbrook, Cumberland County, Maine
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1870; proved defective and replaced 1871.
- - Moseley Iron Bridge & Roof Co. of Boston, Massachusetts
- Bowstring pony truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.67773, -70.36744 (decimal degrees)
43°40'40" N, 70°22'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/389774/4836988 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Portland West
- Inventory number
- BH 73416 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 24, 2018: Updated by Chester Gehman: Bridge was replaced in 1871 due to defects.
- August 28, 2016: Added by Dave King