MERR- US1 Overpass
US 1 crossing on the former MEC "Lower Road" to Waterville via Augusta. Currently out of service but intact (not abandoned) and is being eyed for a possible Downeaster extension.
- Bridge over US1 on Maine Eastern Railroad
- Brunswick, Cumberland County, Maine
- Open to traffic
- Built 1961
- - Maine Central Railroad (MEC)
- Maine Eastern Railroad (MERR)
- Steel stringer
Total length: 185.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.91928, -69.95606 (decimal degrees)
43°55'09" N, 69°57'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/423244/4863351 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- ME 5886 (Maine bridge number)
BH 61887 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 7, 2014: Updated by Ian Martin: Added categories "Maine Eastern Railroad", "Railroad", "Boston & Maine Railroad", "US 1"
- October 7, 2014: Photo imported by Brian Bartlett
- July 24, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars