Photo from the Maine Department of Transportation Archives
BH Photo #537179
Some of this information from lostbridges.org
- Lost Parker through truss bridge over Allagash River on Allagash Road; RT 161
- Allagash, Aroostook County, Maine
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1944 by Walter V. Mitton; Replaced in 1955.
- - Walter V. Mitton
- Uncovered timber Parker through truss (1 span, 160')
Uncovered timber Pratt through truss (2 spans, 120' each)
Length of largest span: 160.0 ft.
Total length: 400.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +47.08330, -69.04580 (decimal degrees)
47°04'60" N, 69°02'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/496523/5214422 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 99549 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 13, 2022: Updated by Paul Plassman: Fixed truss type - approach spans are Pratts rather than Howes....LostBridges goofed
- July 22, 2022: New photo from Stewart Edwin Beitler
- Stewart Edwin Beitler - stubear0430 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Lost Bridges.org - Images + info
- Paul Plassman