River Park Road Bridge
Photo taken by Jodi Christman
The builder Wendell Bollman invented the "Bollman truss" however this bridge does NOT use the Bollman truss. The pedestrian bridge was added later.
- Pony truss bridge over C&O Canal on River Park Road
- Washington County, Maryland
- Open to traffic
- Built 1879; rehabilitated 1985
- - Wendel Bollman of Baltimore, Maryland
- Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 66.9 ft.
Total length: 105.0 ft.
Deck width: 9.5 ft.
- Also called
- Bollman Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.59889, -77.82639 (decimal degrees)
39°35'56" N, 77°49'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/257315/4387056 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 19799 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 48.1 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- April 19, 2016: New photo from Art Suckewer
- November 6, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- October 24, 2010: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added more details about bridge.
- October 23, 2010: New photos from Jodi Christman
- Jodi Christman - masterofchaos [at] outlook [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com