Casselman River Bridge
Environment, From East, Showing River Road Bridge Crossing Casselman River
Photo taken by Robert Shelley for the Historic American Engineering Record
View photos at Library of Congress
BH Photo #313260
River Road Bridge is a pin-connected Pratt through truss bridge. Designed and built circa 1884 under authority of Garrett County, the bridge carries Casselman River Road over the Casselman River near Grantville, Maryland. A representative Pratt metal truss bridge of the late nineteenth century, River Road Bridge has been determined eligible for listing in the National Register of Historic Places by the Maryland Historical Trust.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Casselman River on River Road
- Garrett County, Maryland
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1884; replaced 1996
- - P.A.C. Spero & Co.
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 83.0 ft.
Total length: 85.0 ft.
Deck width: 9.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.70188, -79.13648 (decimal degrees)
39°42'07" N, 79°08'11" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/659764/4396329 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory number
- BH 65460 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 60 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 12, 2015: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER MD-119 - River Road Bridge, Crossing Casselman River on Casselman River Road, Grantsville, Garrett County, MD