Photo taken by Timothy and Joann Phillips in July 2019
BH Photo #452498
The first wooden bridge was built at this location in 1888. In 1910 a new bridge was built and in 1967 a two-lane wooden bridge with asphalt was built. The present bridge was rebuilt in 2005. Each iteration of the bridge has had at least one tale of suicide associated with it. The Legend of Suicide Bridge can be found here: https://www.suicide-bridge-restaurant.com/about-us/legend-of...
- Timber Stringer Bridge over Cabin Creek on Suicide Bridge Road
- Secretary, Dorchester County, Maryland
- Open to traffic
- Built 1967 Rebuilt 2005
- Timber stringer
Length of largest span: 19.0 ft.
Total length: 607.0 ft.
Deck width: 25.9 ft.
- Also called
- Cabin Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.63106, -75.94628 (decimal degrees)
38°37'52" N, 75°56'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/417635/4276260 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory number
- BH 85928 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2017)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 87.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 9, 2019: Added by Timothy and Joann Phillips
- July 19, 2019: New photo from Timothy and Joann Phillips
- July 16, 2019: New photos from Timothy and Joann Phillips
- Timothy and Joann Phillips