New Bridge Road Bridge
Photo taken by nathan myers in May 2015
BH Photo #349690
This bridge replaced an earlier 100-foot Burr Truss covered bridge built in 1859. The flood of late June, 1884 destroyed the covered bridge.
- Through truss bridge over Octoraro Creek on New Bridge Road
- Cecil County, Maryland
- Open to traffic
- Built 1884
- - Patterson & Brown of Baltimore, Maryland
- Pin-connected, 9-panel Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 128.0 ft.
Total length: 132.9 ft.
Deck width: 16.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.70679, -76.11511 (decimal degrees)
39°42'24" N, 76°06'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/404407/4395808 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Rising Sun
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory number
- BH 19637 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 36.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 8, 2016: New photos from nathan myers
- Nathan Myers - nathanmyers94 [at] yahoo [dot] com