Baltimore & Northern - Mount Washington Viaduct
Photo taken from The Street Railway Journal; April 1898
BH Photo #500411
Two 68 foot long pony plate girders supported by steel towers over Northern Central tracks, the rest of bridge is made of deck plate girder spans varying in length between 34ft and 40ft long.
- Lost Pony/through plate girder bridge over North Central Railroad, Streets & Stream on Baltimore & Northern Railroad
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Removed but not replaced
- Built 1895
- - J.G. White Co. (Contractor)
- Phoenix Bridge Co. of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania (Sub-contractor)
- - Baltimore & Northern Railway
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 68.0 ft.
Total length: 1,400.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.36253, -76.65957 (decimal degrees)
39°21'45" N, 76°39'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/357026/4358321 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 93459 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 19, 2021: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com