CSX - Nashua River Bridge
Bridge 21.03 on the CSX (former Conrail and NYNH&H) Fitchburg Secondary, known also as the Agricultural Branch.
The current structure was erected in 1892 to replace a wooden deck truss at this location. The original 1866 stone abutments are topped with timber stringer approaches leading to a single 141.5' double-intersection Warren deck truss span.
- Double-intersection Warren deck truss bridge over Nashua River on CSX Fitchburg Secondary in Clinton
- Clinton, Worcester County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- - Boston Bridge Works of Boston, Massachusetts
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad (NH)
- Double-intersection Warren deck truss
Length of largest span: 141.5 ft.
Total length: 253.8 ft.
Deck width: 15.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Agricultural Branch Railroad Bridge over the Nashua River
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.42338, -71.67885 (decimal degrees)
42°25'24" N, 71°40'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/279613/4700261 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 62432 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 7, 2020: Updated by Ian Martin: Added builder, build date, and dimensions
- August 11, 2014: Added by Ian Martin