VFW Highway Beaver Brook Bridge
This curved bridge crossed the mouth of Beaver Brook right where it empties into the Merrimack River. The bridge has been under construction as part of a replacement project since 2019. A temporary bridge has been constructed and traffic has been shifted onto it, with the original bridge permanently closed and in the process of demolition and replacement.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Beaver Brook on VFW Highway (Merrimack River Parkway)
- Lowell, Middlesex County, Massachusetts
- Closed to all traffic with replacement in progress. Temporary bridge in place
- Built 1949; demolished and replaced 2019-2020
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 48.2 ft.
Total length: 144.0 ft.
Deck width: 64.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.65912, -71.31856 (decimal degrees)
42°39'33" N, 71°19'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/309972/4725567 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2018)
- Inventory numbers
- MA L15058 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 90105 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 19 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 29, 2020: Added by Nick Boppel
- Nick Boppel - nickboppel01 [at] gmail [dot] com