Beaver Street Bridge
This bridge is a very late example of a bridge to be constructed with a open metal grate deck. Additionally, it is an unusual example of a non-truss non-moveable bridge with a grate deck. The bridge has been closed to all traffic since 2018 and its future is currently uncertain.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Beaver Brook on Beaver Street
- Lowell, Middlesex County, Massachusetts
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Future prospects
- Bridge has been closed to all traffic since 2018. Future is uncertain
- Built 1971
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 89.9 ft.
Total length: 92.9 ft.
Deck width: 27.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.65998, -71.31878 (decimal degrees)
42°39'36" N, 71°19'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/309956/4725664 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- MA L15055 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 90106 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 26.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 29, 2020: Added by Nick Boppel
- Nick Boppel - nickboppel01 [at] gmail [dot] com