Horse Farm Bridge
This is the former approach span to the 1928 3 Mile Bridge located outside of Montpelier VT. It was removed and replaced with earth fill during the bridges 1991 rehabilitation and put into storage in the States Historic Bridge program. Sometime after it was acquired by the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- Parker pony truss bridge
- Amherst, Hampshire County, Massachusetts
- In storage
- Future prospects
- Plans call for the bridge to be reassembled and used at the university's horse farm
- Built 1928 by Palmer Steel Co; Put into storage 1991; Transferred to UMass Amherst later
- - Palmer Steel Co. of Springfield, Massachusetts/Holyoke, Massachusetts
- Parker pony truss
Total length: 73.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.39206, -72.52865 (decimal degrees)
42°23'31" N, 72°31'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/703416/4696266 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Mount Toby
- Inventory number
- BH 49908 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 28, 2017: Updated by Michael Quiet: Corrected truss type. Noted Builder, corrected build date, and updated with original location.
- October 25, 2011: Added by James McCray