O'Reilly Memorial Bridge
An uncommon example of a double-decker bridge where both decks carry vehicular traffic. In this case, the upper deck carries the I-495 mainline in both directions, while the lower deck carries the ramps and approach roads to and from I-495 and the many local streets that are accessed as part of the neighboring interchange.
- Steel stringer bridge over Merrimack River on Interstate 495 (Boston Outer Beltway)
- Lawrence, Essex County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Built 1962
- Double-decked steel stringer
Length of largest span: 124.0 ft.
Total length: 966.9 ft.
Deck width: 34.1 ft.
- Also called
- O'Riley Bridge (incorrect spelling)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.70649, -71.13880 (decimal degrees)
42°42'23" N, 71°08'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/324839/4730439 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- MA L04035 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 89621 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 49.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 17, 2020: New photo from Nick Boppel
- Nick Boppel - nickboppel01 [at] gmail [dot] com