B&M - Waters River Trestle
Former Essex Railroad/B&M Danvers Branch. Damaged by fire on at least one occasion; if this segment is converted to a rail-trail it is likely that a new bridge will be installed in its place.
- Abandoned timber stringer bridge over Waters River on Boston & Maine Railroad
- Danvers, Essex County, Massachusetts
- Built 1945, burned 1983, subsequently abandoned
- - Boston & Maine Railroad (B&M; BM)
- Timber stringer
Total length: 196.0 ft.
Deck width: 10.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.54499, -70.92867 (decimal degrees)
42°32'42" N, 70°55'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/341639/4712090 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 62062 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 29, 2014: New Street View added by Ian Martin