Lower Bridge Sheffield 21-02-02
Photo uploaded by Chester Gehman
BH Photo #482161
This structure replaced one built in 1837. The new bridge formed the center span of a three span structure, and the end spans were of a deck type with wooden rails. According to Andrew R Howard, author of "Covered Bridges of Massachusetts--a guide", the bridge cost $350,00, had a 25-ton capacity, and was dedicated on October 3, 1953.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Housatonic River on Maple Avenue
- Sheffield, Berkshire County, Massachusetts
- No longer exists
- Built 1953
- - Timber Engineering Co.
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 135.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.10908, -73.34011 (decimal degrees)
42°06'33" N, 73°20'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/637235/4663220 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 90699 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 27, 2022: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- September 22, 2020: Added by Chester Gehman
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Geoff Hubbs