Hoosic River Bridge
Bridge carrying US 7 over the B&M mainline and the Hoosic River, built 1933 to replace an 1896 through truss built by the R.F. Hawkins Iron Works. Since its construction, the bridge has repeatedly suffered from shifting due to unstable geology in this area. While the MACRIS database claims that this bridge has been demolished, aerials seem to only show the deck being replaced, with the superstructure remaining intact.
- Deck truss bridge over Hoosic River on US 7 (Simonds Road) in Williamstown
- Williamstown, Berkshire County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Built 1933; rehabilitated 1994
- Warren deck truss with alternating verticals
Length of largest span: 141.1 ft.
Total length: 456.1 ft.
Deck width: 30.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.72833, -73.20500 (decimal degrees)
42°43'42" N, 73°12'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/646952/4732209 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- MA W37013 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 19196 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 81.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 24, 2015: Updated by Ian Martin: Merged MACRIS Info.