Looking south on Rte 6 towards Cape Cod.
Photo taken by Joe Herrington in October 2007
BH Photo #133611
Nearly identical to the Bourne Bridge a few miles away.
- Steel through arch bridge over Cape Cod Canal on US-6 in Sagamore
- Barnstable County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Slated for demolition and replacement.
- Built 1935; rehabilitated 1981
- Steel through arch
Length of largest span: 616.2 ft.
Total length: 1,408.2 ft.
Deck width: 40.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.77620, -70.54354 (decimal degrees)
41°46'34" N, 70°32'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/371718/4626079 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory number
- BH 19181 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 39 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 12, 2019: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is now doomed.
- June 19, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- October 23, 2016: New photos from John Goold
- February 16, 2015: Photos imported by Dave King
- October 11, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: Fixed Facility Carried
- October 11, 2012: Updated by Jann Mayer: Added note about similar bridge
- June 16, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- February 17, 2009: New photos from Joe Herrington