Rating:
1 vote

Bayou Tigre LA 330 Bridge

Photo 

Bayou Tigre LA 330 Bridge

Louisiana

Photo taken by Douglas Butler in November 2014

License: Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY)

Enlarge

View this photo on Flickr

BH Photo #353500

Map 

Street View 

Facts 

Overview
Swing through truss bridge over Bayou Tigre on LA 330 relocated here from Morgan and Houma
Location
Vermilion Parish, Louisiana
Status
Open to traffic
History
Built 1960
Design
Swing Warren through truss
Dimensions
Length of largest span: 163.0 ft.
Total length: 323.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.8 ft.
Recognition
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
Approximate latitude, longitude
+29.91752, -91.99848   (decimal degrees)
29°55'03" N, 91°59'55" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
15/596676/3310066 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Delcambre
Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
1,120
Inventory number
BH 19165 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection report (as of March 2017)
Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 27.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com

Categories 

Built 1960 (342)
Built during 1960s (2,080)
Have street view (27,846)
Louisiana (719)
Movable (3,076)
NR-eligible (4,064)
Navigable waterway (2,184)
Open (40,328)
Owned by state (16,269)
Span length 125-175 feet (4,321)
Swing (1,528)
Through truss (15,935)
Total length 250-500 feet (5,374)
Truss (34,207)
Vermilion Parish, Louisiana (11)
Warren through truss (1,661)
Warren truss (6,784)

Update Log 

  • May 14, 2016: New photo from Douglas Butler
  • November 4, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.

Related Bridges 

Sources 

Comments 

Bayou Tigre LA 330 Bridge
Posted July 30, 2017, by Anonymous

very narrow bridge for todays vehicles

Bayou Tigre LA 330 Bridge
Posted May 13, 2016, by Anonymous

Bridge was constructed in the 1920's, however, it was moved to its current location in the 1960s.