Tangipahoa River Bridge (August 1924)
The Breckwoldt Bridge across the Tangipahoa River east of Hammond, as it appeared when completed in August 1924.
The Times-Picayune, August 31, 1924, sec. 4, p. 2
BH Photo #467808
Completed in August 1924 at a cost of $51,700, replacing an earlier wooden trestle.
- Lost Bridge over Tangipahoa River on US 190
- Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1924; replaced 1969
- - A.E. Ray (contractor)
- John T. Perkins (inspector)
- W.S. Miller (construction foreman)
- 140' steel spans on reinforced concrete piers. Timber trestle approach on creosoted long-leaf pine pilings.
Length of largest span: 140.0 ft.
Total length: 824.0 ft.
- Also called
- River Side Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.50681, -90.36168 (decimal degrees)
30°30'25" N, 90°21'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/753201/3377906 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 88546 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 16, 2020: New photo from Roger Collins