Bayou Lacombe US 190 Bridge (Old)
Lacombe Bridge (September 1929)
The previous bridge on US 190 in Lacombe, pictured in September 1929.
The Times-Picayune, September 8, 1929, sec. 3, p. 1
BH Photo #467807
The original bridge across Bayou Lacombe on US 190 was a steel swing bridge located just upstream from the present bridge.
Upon its replacement in 1938, parts of this bridge were reused in a bridge across Bayou Bonfouca on what is now LA 433.
- Lost Bridge over Bayou Lacombe on US 190
- Lacombe, St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1916; replaced 1938
- Steel swing span
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.31410, -89.93728 (decimal degrees)
30°18'51" N, 89°56'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/217541/3357247 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 88534 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 3, 2020: New photo from Douglas Butler
- March 16, 2020: New photo from Roger Collins
- March 14, 2020: Added by Roger Collins