Atchafalaya River Old U.S. 90 Bridge
Photo taken by C Hanchey in August 2009
BH Photo #144393
Opened to traffic on December 20, 1933; replaced the Morgan City-Berwick ferry which existed to the south near Railroad Avenue.
- Through truss bridge over Atchafalaya River on LA 182 (old US 90) between Berwick and Morgan City
- Morgan City, St. Mary Parish, Louisiana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1933 by the Mt. Vernon Bridge Co.
- - Mt. Vernon Bridge Co. of Mt. Vernon, Ohio
- K-Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 607.7 ft.
Total length: 3,745.1 ft. (0.7 mi.)
Deck width: 23.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.0 ft.
- Also called
- Atchafalaya River Old U.S. 90 Bridge
Atchafalaya River LA 182 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +29.69674, -91.21420 (decimal degrees)
29°41'48" N, 91°12'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/672771/3286516 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Morgan City
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory number
- BH 19118 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 24, 2018: New photos from Cliff Darby
- April 28, 2017: Updated by Roger Collins: Added description.
- March 9, 2016: New photos from M. D. Caillet
- February 23, 2015: Photo imported by Dave King
- May 3, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- March 26, 2010: New photos from David Backlin
- August 6, 2009: Updated by C Hanchey: Added Bridge Builder