Benton Ferry Bridge (1894)
The first bridge across the Amite River at Denham Springs was made of heart cypress at a cost of $3,012. It was replaced with a steel bridge in 1918.
- Lost timber bridge over Amite River on Benton's Ferry Road (now US 190)
- Livingston Parish, Louisiana, and East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1894; replaced 1918
- - T.W. Young
Total length: 512.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.46681, -90.98855 (decimal degrees)
30°28'01" N, 90°59'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/693104/3372232 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 88561 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 17, 2020: Added by Roger Collins