Caminada Bay Bridge
Caminada Bay Bridge (October 1932)
The first Caminada Bay Bridge at Grand Isle nearing completion in October 1932.
The New Orleans Item, October 12, 1932, p. 3
BH Photo #468804
Built as part of the first highway connecting Grand Isle with the Lafourche Parish mainland (at Golden Meadow) and completed in October 1932. Part of LA 620 until 1955, when it was renumbered as LA 1.
Replaced in 1960 with a new span along the northeast side. The ends of the original bridge survive as fishing piers.
- Lost timber stringer bridge over Caminada Bay on LA 1
- Grand Isle, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1932; replaced 1960
- - F. L. James & Co.
- Timber stringer
Total length: 3,750.0 ft. (0.7 mi.)
Deck width: 30.0 ft.
- Also called
- Grand Isle Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +29.20707, -90.04444 (decimal degrees)
29°12'25" N, 90°02'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/787362/3234546 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 88715 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 26, 2020: New photo from Roger Collins
- March 25, 2020: Added by Roger Collins