Bayou Grappe Bridge
Built by Alexandria Construction Co. as part of the paving of US 71 through Grant Parish, which was completed in early 1931. This and the Rocky Bayou Bridge together cost about $38,000.
- Concrete tee beam bridge over Bayou Grappe on US 71
- Grant Parish, Louisiana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1931
- - Alexandria Construction Co.
- Concrete tee beam
Length of largest span: 30.8 ft.
Total length: 96.1 ft.
Deck width: 23.0 ft.
- Also called
- Bayou DeGrappe Bridge
Bayou du Grappe Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.57229, -92.74053 (decimal degrees)
31°34'20" N, 92°44'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/524621/3493058 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory number
- BH 45903 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 77.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 9, 2020: Updated by Roger Collins: Added builder.
- September 6, 2010: New Street View added by Cliff Darby
- August 15, 2010: Added by David Backlin
- David Backlin - us71 [at] cox [dot] net
- Cliff Darby - cliffsta1987 [at] gmail [dot] com