Benton's Ferry (or Benton Ferry) existed at the site of the present US 190 bridges across the Amite River near Denham Springs. The ferry was already in existence when mentioned in a newspaper article in the September 14, 1850 edition of "The Baton Rouge Gazette".
The ferry service presumably suspended operations when the first bridge at the location was completed in 1894.
- Lost ferry across Amite River on Benton's Ferry Road (now US 190)
- East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana, and Livingston Parish, Louisiana
- Replaced by a bridge
- Established before 1850; discontinued 1894
- - Robert Benton
- Ferry crossing
- Also called
- Marietta Ferry
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.46469, -90.98974 (decimal degrees)
30°27'53" N, 90°59'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/692995/3371995 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Denham Springs
- Inventory number
- BH 53652 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 18, 2020: Updated by Roger Collins: Added description text and revised dates.
- September 26, 2012: Added by Jared Mixson