LA73 Bayou Manchac Bridge
Opened to traffic in April 1931, replacing the original 1918 swing bridge. Served as part of US 61 until being bypassed by a new section of the Airline Highway in 1953.
- Pony truss bridge over Bayou Manchac on LA 73
- Ascension Parish, East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana, and Ascension Parish, Louisiana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1931
- - W.H. Groome & Son
- Polygonal Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 82.0 ft.
Total length: 325.0 ft.
Deck width: 23.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.34393, -90.98317 (decimal degrees)
30°20'38" N, 90°58'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/693864/3358620 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory number
- BH 19001 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 34.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 3, 2020: Updated by Roger Collins: Added builder and description text.
- August 1, 2013: New photos from M. D. Caillet
- June 30, 2013: New photo from Jared Mixson
- December 8, 2012: Updated by Jared Mixson: Added category "Jefferson Highway"
- June 7, 2010: Updated by Cliff Darby: Refined GPS
- Cliff Darby - cliffsta1987 [at] gmail [dot] com