NS - Robbins Creek Bridge
Pony plate truss bridge at Virgie KY
Photo taken by Bob Lawrence in November 2011
BH Photo #220037
One of five pony plate truss bridges over Robbins Creek from a loader at Jonancy KY to the tunnel at Virgie. All are identical. Some of the support rail (inside the standard gauge) was made by Carnegie Steel in 1912.
- Half-hip Pratt pony truss bridge over Robbins Creek on Norfolk & Southern
- Virgie, Pike County, Kentucky
- Open to traffic
- Built 1911
- - Virginia Bridge Co. of Roanoke, Virginia
- Half-hip Pratt pony truss
Total length: 0.2 ft.
Deck width: 11.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.33499, -82.58337 (decimal degrees)
37°20'06" N, 82°35'00" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/359733/4133210 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 50068 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 7, 2011: Added by Bob Lawrence