Photo taken by James Baughn
BH Photo #232643
At one time, the dam carried the Illinois Central along with US 41 and US 62. The rail line and the highways have been relocated to new bridges 1500 feet downstream from the dam.
- Dam impounding the Tennessee River
- Gilbertsville, Marshall County, Kentucky, and Livingston County, Kentucky
- Bridge is open to local traffic with a dedicated bicycle and pedestrian path
- Built between 1938 and 1944; Roadway added 1950
- - Tennessee Valley Authority
Length of largest span: 80.1 ft.
Total length: 1,652.0 ft.
Deck width: 27.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.01167, -88.27000 (decimal degrees)
37°00'42" N, 88°16'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/387015/4096920 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Calvert City
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory number
- BH 44527 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 73.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 10, 2014: New photos from Andrew Raker
- May 26, 2012: New photos from James Baughn
- March 22, 2010: Added by J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- Andrew Raker