CSX - Mill Creek Tunnel
The Mill Creek Tunnel was located along the Louisville & Nashville Railroad’s “Short Line” and completed in 1869. It was enlarged to accommodate larger trains by the L&N’s successor, CSX Transportation (CSX), and ultimately bypassed.
- Abandoned tunnel under hill
- Carroll County, Kentucky
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- A tunnel that was bypassed in the 1990s and remains in place.
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Louisville & Nashville Railroad (LN)
- Brick-lined tunnel.
Total length: 478.0 ft.
- Also called
- L&N - Mill Creek Tunnel
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.59318, -85.17323 (decimal degrees)
38°35'35" N, 85°10'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/659090/4273215 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 58617 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 2, 2021: New photos from Sherman Cahal
- October 31, 2013: Updated by J.P.: Added categories "Curved", "railroad", "CSX Railroad"