AK Steel Ore Conveyor Bridge
Photo taken by Panoramio user JBTHEMILKER
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs (CC BY-ND)
View this photo at panoramio.com
BH Photo #337973
Lengths given are extremely rough estimates.
- Through truss Ore Conveyor bridge over Ore Storage
- Boyd County, Kentucky
- Future prospects
- Assumed to be slated for demolition or at risk for demolition following implosion of historic blast furnace in February 2022
- Warren through truss with all verticals
Length of largest span: 280.0 ft.
Total length: 380.0 ft.
- Also called
- Armco Ore Conveyor Bridge
American Rolling Mill Company Ore Conveyor Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.49894, -82.67197 (decimal degrees)
38°29'56" N, 82°40'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/354201/4262500 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 69315 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 17, 2022: Updated by Nathan Holth: Changed name to reflect actual purpose and ownership of structure, noted likely risk for demolition.
- February 17, 2022: Updated by Josh Schmid: Added type
- June 18, 2016: New Street View added by J.P.
- September 23, 2015: Added by Dave King