17th Street Wilderness Road Bridge
Photo taken in October 2010 by Calvin Sneed
BH Photo #180513
The date given for this span is likely for when it was placed at this location. A pinned span with this much lacing is ca.1900 or older.
- Through truss bridge over Yellow Creek on 17th Street (also known as Wildnerness Road, also old U.S. 25-E)) in Middlesborough
- Middlesboro, Bell County, Kentucky
- Open to traffic
- Built ca. 1890
- Pinned Warren through truss
Length of largest span: 78.1 ft.
Total length: 89.9 ft.
Deck width: 13.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 17.5 ft.
- Also called
- Wilderness Road Bridge
Old Highway 25-E Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.61083, -83.71083 (decimal degrees)
36°36'39" N, 83°42'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/257550/4055124 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Middlesboro South
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- Inventory numbers
- KY 007-C00072N (Kentucky bridge number)
BH 18708 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 24 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 26, 2018: New photos from Jack Schmidt
- November 1, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- October 4, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Changed truss type and added new information
- October 3, 2010: New photos from Calvin Sneed
- March 13, 2010: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Added Google Street View.
- Bill Eichelberger
- Calvin Sneed - us43137415 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net