This bridge is a vertical lift bridge that only lifts for floods only.
- Two-level through truss bridge and network of approaches over Kansas River on the KCTRR in Kansas City
- Kansas City, Wyandotte County, Kansas, and Jackson County, Missouri
- Open to traffic
- Built 1917; rehabilitated 2005
- - Arkansas Bridge Co. of Kansas City, Kansas (Steel Work)
- D. Munro & Co. (Concrete Work)
- - Kansas City Terminal Railway (KCT)
- Baltimore through truss, with flood jacks
Length of largest span: 300.0 ft.
Total length: 5,210.6 ft. (1.0 mi.)
- Also called
- KCT - Kansas River Bridge
KCT - Highline Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.08433, -94.61080 (decimal degrees)
39°05'04" N, 94°36'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/360679/4327369 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Kansas City
- Inventory number
- BH 18690 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 27, 2019: New photo from Douglas Butler
- October 12, 2016: New photos from John Marvig
- September 12, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added categories "Pin-connected", "Riveted"
- September 12, 2016: New photos from John Marvig
- September 5, 2016: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- February 4, 2016: Updated by Nathan Holth: Add builders.
- October 26, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added alt name
- August 10, 2012: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Railroad"
- May 11, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Added Jackson County, MO to Other locations.
- May 10, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited Approach Design. The lower level passes through a Warren through truss, which appears to also be serving as a deck truss for the upper level.
- March 9, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Added Street View link
- May 25, 2008: Updated by Max Johnson
- April 23, 2008: Updated by Max Johnson: Updated "History" "Design" and "Current Owner"
- July 6, 2006: Posted new photos