7th Street Turkey Creek Truss Bridge
A lost steel truss bridge that was located below the 7th Trafficway Viaduct carrying an Unknown Road that spured off of 7th Street at the Old Frisco Rail yards over Turkey Creek. (Railroad now used by Union Pacific and BNSF)
The Bridge appears in the 1959 and 1966 aerial photos of the area but there's nothing on the Topo Maps of the area per the images and maps at: http://www.historicaerials.com/aerials.php?scale=8E-06&lat=3...
- Lost Through truss bridge over Turkey Creek on Unknown Road under the 7th Street Trafficway Bridge
- Kansas City, Wyandotte County, Kansas
- Removed but not replaced in the 1960s when I-35 was being completed in the area.
- Through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.07044, -94.61746 (decimal degrees)
39°04'14" N, 94°37'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/360076/4325838 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Kansas City
- Inventory number
- BH 59188 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 10, 2014: Updated by Chris Knight: Added categories "Mystery", "Lost during 1960s"